Are you the proud owner of an iPhone XS that is suffering from charging problems
Must read: iOS 12 features you should try today
Along with offering a fix for the charging issue, the update also fixes a Wi-Fi performance issue, a keyboard issue on the iPad, an Bluetooth connectivity issue, and a problem that meant that subtitles were not displayed in some video apps.
Here are the release notes.
- Fixes an issue where some iPhone XS devices did not immediately charge when connected to a Lightning cable
- Resolves an issue that could cause iPhone XS devices to rejoin a Wi-Fi network at 2.4GHz instead of 5GHz
- Restores the original position of the “.?123” key on the iPad keyboard
- Fixes an issue where subtitles may not appear in some video apps
- Addresses an issue where Bluetooth could become unavailable
You can grab the update on any iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch capable of running iOS 12 by going Settings > General > Software Update and carrying out the update from there.
The download is about 100MB in total.