By Jose de Leon
Emotional, behavioral, and neuropsychiatric stipulations are universal in people with highbrow disabilities (IDs), so much significantly epilepsy, aggression, self-injurious behaviors, and bipolar and different temper issues. regardless of the superiority of such difficulties, there's a shortage within the literature of trustworthy info on scientific remedies for people with IDs.
A Practitioner's advisor to Prescribing Antiepileptics and temper Stabilizers for Adults with highbrow Disabilities presents an in depth framework for prescribing for this difficult inhabitants. that includes the main up to date details on elements that tell prescribing, the Guide addresses uncomplicated concerns and controversies (e.g., the rift among evidence-based and custom-made drugs) in treating adults with cognitive deficits. consumers' particular wishes are emphasised in constructing applicable and potent pharmacological intervention for more suitable results and caliber of existence. medications mentioned within the Guide comprise carbamazepine, clonazepam, diazepam, ethosuximide, felbamate, gabapentin, lacosamide, lamotrigine, levetiracetam, lithium, lorazepam, oxcarbazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin, pregabalin, primidone, rufinamide, tiagabine, topiramate, valproate, and zonisamide. for every of those compounds, the information cover:
- Indications to be used; relative and absolute contraindications.
- Assessment in the course of therapy; healing drug tracking; symptoms and signs for caretakers.
- Dosage: management; preliminary and greatest prompt dosage; variations linked to drug-drug interactions, own features, and (where applicable) genetic variations.
- Adverse drug reactions: universal, quite unusual, and possibly deadly, plus hazard of metabolic syndrome.
- Guidelines for discontinuation.
- References, tables, and drug usage reviews.
A Practitioner's advisor to Prescribing Antiepileptics and temper Stabilizers for Adults with highbrow Disabilities is an necessary decision-making reference for psychiatrists, neuropsychologists, psychopharmacologists, neurologists, internists, and medical psychologists.
Read or Download A Practitioner's Guide to Prescribing Antiepileptics and Mood Stabilizers for Adults with Intellectual Disabilities PDF
Best neuropsychology books
Scott Shannon is an MD, president select of the yank Holistic clinical organization, and thought of a countrywide specialist on holistic psychiatry. during this ebook he brings jointly a accomplished evaluation of CAM remedies, with info on their effectiveness and security for particular sufferer populations and to be used in treating particular issues.
A concise, obtainable creation to nervousness protecting every little thing from its factors to its indicators, on hand cures, and prevention. • Addresses many of the concepts that individuals can practice to aid themselves to lessen or mitigate pressure• comprises insurance of modern study and theories approximately anxiousness• Analyzes mental and organic responses to emphasize• unearths the reality at the back of myths approximately nervousness• good points case reports of individuals residing with anxiousness problems
Karen Rachels' "Body, mind, Love: A Therapist's Workbook for have an effect on rules and Somatic Attachment," is a first-of-its-kind contribution to the dynamic and unfolding international of body-brain integration. This workbook accessibly integrates 3 severe components of healing paintings delivered to us via the last decade of the mind: 1) brain-based attachment concept, 2) the neuroscience of impact law, and three) functional somatic talents to develop consumers' brains.
A standout source at the rising box of using neuropsychology and the newest findings in sleep and dream examine to non secular adventure, this e-book investigates the confirmed organic hyperlinks among REM goals and spiritual rules, protecting earlier and present faculties of concept in either the technology of goals and the technology of faith.
- The Neuropsychology of Asian Americans (Studies on Neuropsychology, Neurology and Cognition)
- Communication and Communication Disorders: A Clinical Introduction (Allyn & Bacon Communication Sciences and Disorders)
- Introducing Neuropsychology: 2nd Edition (Psychology Focus)
- Soar: The Breakthrough Treatment for Fear of Flying
- Oxford Guide to the Treatment of Mental Contamination (Oxford Guides to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
Additional info for A Practitioner's Guide to Prescribing Antiepileptics and Mood Stabilizers for Adults with Intellectual Disabilities